Pure torture.
Sunday, December 12, 2010 @ 10:39 PM

What better way to start this blog but by introducing myself. Let's start with my name.

First, I don't hate it, but I don't like it. I've always thought that it's too common for my taste. How ironic that I developed a strong penchant for unique things as I grow up. I love to personalize my stuff so that I won't bump into someone who has the same outfit, accessories, bag, etc. Too bad, Mother didn't knew this about me when she decided to name me K****, 24 years ago.

In addition, I didn't even have a second name unlike my cousins. They've got names like: Justin Davis, Kishi Louise, Marcellus Elvin. Oh, how I envy them that sometimes I wish I wasn't my grandmother's first grandchild. Heehee.  :P My mom told me that she meant to name me, Abigaille Ann, but my granny thought it's too long. My mother then changed it to K**** Ann, but still my granny thought it's too long. Thus, I ended up as K****.

Lastly, it means torture in another country. Its popular meaning is "pure", but one of my best friends found out that its Scottish meaning is "torture". Pure torture. That nailed it for me. Thus, on 2005, I resolved to have a say at my name. I told everyone to call me, A**n.

Right now, most of the people I know call me, A**n. They even came up with some variants of it like A**, Y**, A**nskie, Anna**ina. Some of them don't even know my real name anymore. HAHA. On the other hand, there are those who refuse to use, A**n. Oh, those hard-headed people who ironically are the ones closest to me! HAHA. :)

I believe in destiny, but I also believe in free will. Let me end this piece by quoting my friend, Georgina M.

"Ang tadhana nagagawan ng paraan." (Georgina M., 2010)

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I love and I am grateful for my mother and grandma forever and ever. <3

Labels: