Bews Part 1
Monday, December 20, 2010 @ 2:29 AM
I welcomed my 24th birthday with a bucket of chicken, a Red Ribbon cake, a box of chocolate, a bowl of lychee, two rounds of poker, and unlimited laughter, wisdom, and hugs from my closest friends. They (three of which are guys) surprised me, sweeet. :) Actually, each day of that birthday week was spent with friends who are the closest of the closest. They all went out of their way to call, eat dinner, or spend an overnight with me. I'm forever grateful for them. :)
It would have been my happiest birthday celebration except that, it just wasn't. And this is the reason why...
He calls me everyday at 5:30 a.m. to wake me up so that I won't be late for work. He greets me the moment I arrive and sign-in on Windows Live. In a minute, he'll be by my side. We'll go down to buy breakfast. While on the elevator, he'll stare and smile at me until I melt. He'll hug me just before the elevator opens in the lobby. We'll eat in the lounge until 10 a.m. By 10, we'll start working (or pretend to start working). He'll send me random songs like Dashboard Confessional's "Stolen," The Fray’s' "You Found Me," and Voices of Theory’s "Say It." My favorite was a classical masterpiece which he sent as "Ode to Ayn." He'll ask me if I like them and tell me that I have to memorize some of them and sing them to him. He loves to tease me because according to him, I look cute whenever he teases me. At around 12, we'll meet outside the lobby for lunch. We'll be gone for an hour or two as we eat our lunch either in Kenny Rogers, the Food Park, Inengs, Andoks, World Chicken, Mang Inasal, Goldilocks, Tapa King, KFC, Chowking, Jollibee, Landmark, etc. etc. I'll be cramming to finish my work by the time we get back, but it's okay because we are happy, we were happy. By 6:30 p.m., most of my teammates will be done and will be preparing to go home. I, on the other hand, will be freshening up for our dinner date. We'll meet in front of the elevators again to go down and buy dinner. We'll eat in the lounge again. I'll be amused the whole time because of his funny anecdotes and his views in life. He always makes my jaws stiff from smiling and laughing.
Before we know it, it'll be 9 in the evening. I'll panic. He'll then laugh and tease me, "Ayn, bakit ba kasi ambagal mo? Eh 'di sana kung tapos ka na, mas matagal tayong magkasama!" I'll smile and tell him, "Ikaw kasi! Kasalanan mo!" He'll then smile and say, "Yiheee! Sige, hindi muna kita masyadong kukulitin. Bilisan mo ha para makauwi na tayo."
He'll sit beside me while I do my best to meet the quota before the office calls it a day. He, on the other hand, will be searching for some episodes of The Big Bang Theory which he wants me to watch. I'll get distracted because I'll catch him looking at me, and at my comments! In a glance, he'll know if there's something wrong with them, and of course, he'll make me change them right there and then. Double pressure, if you get what I mean. :))
We'll leave by 11 p.m. I'll hear two sermons if I sadly do not meet the quota. One from my toffee, and the other one from his other self. Haha. I'll pout and cover my ears with my hands as we wait for the elevator. However, that pout will easily turn into a smile every time he ends his sermons like this, "Concerned lang naman kasi ako sayo. Ayokong naiiwan kang mag-isa sa office. Ayokong umuuwi ka nang ganito ka-late. An-late mo uwi tapos gigisingin kita ng maaga. Ilang oras lang tulog mo? Isipin mo nga yun."
We'll stop by McDonald's to buy fries and choco sundaes. We'll talk about anything under the moon. Hehe. :P By 1 a.m., we'll call it a night. He'll hail a cab for me, "Xavierville po, Katipunan, plus 30." I'll thank him and say, "Ingat ka ha. Goodnight!" He'll say, "Ingat. Ilang oras lang magkasama na ulit tayo! Mamaya pagtawag ko bumangon ka na ha tapos pagkababa mo ng phone, maligo ka na ha. Aga natin nagigising pero 8 ka pa rin dumarating. Gutom na ko pero di naman ako makakain ng breakfast ng wala ka." I'll blush and say, "Yiheee! Sorry na, and thank you."
He'll ride the next cab in line. Our cabs will be beside each other while waiting for the traffic light near Manila Penn to turn green. I'll be smiling while the cab finds its way to Edsa, until it makes a right to White Plains, until I find myself in front of the condominium where I live, until I say hello to my roommates at 801, until I take a quick shower, until I lay down on my bed and think of him, until I place my phone on top of my heart, until it rings and I hear his voice first thing in the morning.
I'm lucky, we found each other. We're a match made in heaven. I whole-heartedly, head over heels thought so, but, I was wrong.
*CC, I wonder if you remember this date. I wonder if I crossed your mind today even for just a split second.
Labels: a doodle of an ex-girlfriend during their would-have-been first anniversary
